This document is a step-by-step guide for setting up the SmileBack integration within BrightGauge.
Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you haven’t created an account yet, go here to get started.
After you log in:
- New Accounts
On first login, from the account Overview page, click Add a Datasource.
- Existing Accounts
Click on the Data and select Datasources.
Find the SmileBack datasource under All or under the appropriate category:
Step 2 - Authorize SmileBack in BrightGauge
You now need to authorize BrightGauge to get data from SmileBack. Please make sure you are using an account with Account Administrator privileges as anything else won't work.
- Click Authorize in SmileBack.
- A popup appears asking you to log in to SmileBack. If already logged in, proceed to next step
- After you log in, SmileBack prompts you to authorize BrightGauge to pull data. Click Yes, authorize BrightGauge.
Step 3 - Configure the SmileBack datasource in BrightGauge
Now you'll return to BrightGauge. Name the datasource whatever you want. The default name is SmileBack.
Step 4 - Test Connection and Save
After you complete all fields, make sure to test the connection. If successful, save the connection.
Please note, a common issue we have seen clients experience is with the AutoFill feature in web browsers inputting the wrong credentials for the database user field. When a test connection is successful, the page is refreshed and the autofill takes effect automatically without the user realizing. The user then selects save, accidentally saving the autofilled credentials which are incorrect. A way to prevent this issue is to open a private browsing window (or incognito window) to fill out the datasource configuration page, or simply retyping the credentials after the test connection and clicking Save.
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges will be added to your account after the datasource is saved. They will start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
Your Default Dashboards
- SmileBack CSAT Last 30 Days
- SmileBack CSAT Today
- Technician SmileBack CSAT Last 30 Days
Your Default Reports
- SmileBack CSAT Monthly Summary
- SmileBack CSAT Weekly Report
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the Gauges section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see, and select for Default.
If you have any questions, please contact Support by selecting Help > Open a Ticket from the top menu bar.
- Reaction Resource - This dataset accounts for reactions for each individual resource
- Reactions - This dataset accounts for reactions for the company as a whole