Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you haven’t created an account yet, go here to get started.
Once logged in, to get started:
- New Accounts
On first login, from the account Overview page, click on the "Add a Datasource" button:
- Existing Accounts
Click on the "Data" menu at the top righthand corner of the screen, and select "Datasources" from the drop down menu:
Find the Smileback datasource under "All" or under the appropriate category:
Step 2 - Authorize SmileBack in BrightGauge
You now need to authorize BrightGauge to get data fromSmileBack. Please make sure you are using an account with Account Administrator privileges as anything else won't work.
- Click on the green Authorize in SmileBack button
- A popup will appear asking you to login to SmileBack. If already logged in, proceed to next step
- Once logged in, SmileBack will ask you to authorize BrightGauge to pull data. Click on the button that says "Yes, authorize BrightGauge"
Step 3 - Configure the SmileBack datasource in BrightGauge
Now you'll return to BrightGauge. Name the datasource whatever you want. It will default to SmileBack
Step 4 - Test Connection and Save
Once you've filled out all of the fields, make sure to test the connection. If successful, save the connection.
Please note, a common issue we have seen clients experience is with the "AutoFill" feature in web browsers inputting the wrong the credentials for the database user field. When a test connection is successful, the page is refreshed and the autofill takes effect automatically without the user realizing. The user then selects save, accidentally saving the autofilled credentials which are incorrect. A way to prevent this issue is to open a private browsing window (or incognito window) to fill out the datasource configuration page, or simply retyping the credentials after the test connection and clicking "Save".
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges will be added to your account after the datasource is saved. They will start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
Your Default Dashboards
- SmileBack CSAT Last 30 Days
- SmileBack CSAT Today
- Technician SmileBack CSAT Last 30 Days
Your Default Reports
- SmileBack CSAT Monthly Summary
- SmileBack CSAT Weekly Report
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the "Gauges" section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see and select for Default.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reaction Resource - This dataset accounts for reactions for each individual resource
- Reactions - This dataset accounts for reactions for the company as a whole