Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you haven’t created an account yet, go here to get started.
Once logged in, to get started:
- New Accounts
On first login, from the account Overview page, click on the "Add a Datasource" button:
Or, from the first "Welcome to BrightGauge" dashboard page, click on "Connect a Datasource"
- Existing Accounts
From the account Overview page (to access click on the BrightGauge logo on the top left hand corner), click on the green "+" towards the bottom right of the page (next to the list of your existing datasources):
Or, click on "Data" menu on the the top right hand corner of the screen, and select "Datasources" from the drop down menu:
Now click on “Add a New Datasource” and then click on the "CrewHu" icon:
Step 2 - Create an API key inCrewHu
You'll need to create your API key in CrewHu.
- Login to CrewHu and then click on Settings and then the Integration link to the left.
- Once in the Integration page, locate the box that says Open API
- Next you'll need to click on the green +Add button
- A modal will come up asking you to name the API key. BrightGauge would be a good name to use to identify it later. Confirm after inputting a name
- Once you've confirmed the naming, the token will appear. Click on the Copy Token box to copy it to your clipboard
With the token copied, continue onto step 3
Step 3 - Configure the CrewHu datasource in BrightGauge
Now head back to BrightGauge and finish where you left off at in Step 1. You should be at the screen below. Fill it out.
- Name the datasource whatever you want. Most will just call it CrewHu
- Add the API key you copied at the end of Step 2
Step 4 - Test Connection
Once you've filled out all of the fields, make sure to test the connection. If successful, save the connection.
Please note, a common issue we have seen clients experience is with the "AutoFill" feature in web browsers inputting the wrong credentials for the database user field. When a test connection is successful, the page is refreshed and the autofill takes effect automatically without the user realizing. The user then selects save, accidentally saving the autofilled credentials which are incorrect. A way to prevent this issue is to open a private browsing window (or incognito window) to fill out the datasource configuration page, or simply retyping the credentials after the test connection and clicking "Save".
Once you’ve saved the connection then the datasets and gauges will be added to your account and they will start syncing immediately. Initial syncs usually take 20-30 minutes.