This document is a step-by-step guide for setting up the IT Glue integration within BrightGauge.
Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you haven’t created an account yet, go here to get started.
If you are logged in with a New Account:
From the account Overview page, click on the Add a Datasource button:
If you are logged in with an Existing Account:
Click on the Data menu at the top righthand corner of the screen, and select Datasources from the drop-down menu:
Find the IT Glue datasource under All or under the appropriate category:
Whether a new account or an existing, clicking on the IT Glue datasource logo brings you to the page below. Keep it open as we'll come back to it in Step 3.
Step 2 - Generate IT Glue API Key<
Now we need to go to IT Glue to create an API key. To do this, you must be an administrator on your account.
To create the API key in IT Glue:
- Click Account in the top menu bar.
- Select Settings from the left navigation.
- Select the API Keys tab.
- Click the plus sign to create a new API key.
- Enter a Name for the key (e.g., BrightGauge).
- Select the Password Access checkbox.
Important: If the Password Access checkbox is not selected, the integration will not work and returns an error in BrightGauge.
- Click Generate API Key. The key is generated.
- Copy the API key.
After you create your API key, return to the datasource settings screen in BrightGauge and proceed to Step 3.
Step 3 - Input IT Glue API Key
You'll now need to fill in the appropriate information.
- Name - name the datasource. This can be IT Glue or anything you want
- Site - Europe customers will want to pick the EU site. All else - use the 'Standard' site.
- IT Glue API Key - This is the key you created in step 2
Step 4 - Test Connection
Make sure to test the connection. If successful, save the connection.
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges will be added to your account after the datasource is saved. They will start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
Your Default Dashboards
- BGS - IT Glue Configuration
- BGS - IT Glue Metrics
- BGS - IT Glue Organization Leaderboard
- BGS - IT Glue User Leaderboards
Your Default Reports
- BGS - IT Glue Configuration Review
- BGS - IT Glue Month In Review
- BGS - User and Document Metrics Weekly
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the Gauges section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see, and select for Default.
If you have any questions, please contact Support by selecting Help > Open a Ticket from the top menu bar.
- Location Data
- Contact Data
- Organization Data - This dataset contains information for each Organization setup within IT Glue
- Configuration Data - This pulls in information on all configurations within your account
- User Data - Information on the users setup within your IT Glue account
- User Metric Data - Pulls in counts for actions related to documents and splits it out per user, organization, and document type. Data from last 365 days. Also assigns a score for each attribute. Score comes from the default IT Glue setup: