This document is a step by step guide for setting up the IT Glue integration within BrightGauge.
Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you haven’t created an account yet, go here to get started.
If you are logged in with a New Account:
From the account Overview page, click on the "Add a Datasource" button:
If you are logged in with an Existing Account:
Click on the "Data" menu at the top righthand corner of the screen, and select "Datasources" from the drop down menu:
Find the IT Glue datasource under "All" or under the appropriate category:
Whether a new account or an existing, clicking on the IT Glue datasource logo will bring you to the page below. Keep it open as we'll come back to it in Step 3.
Step 2 - Create an API key in IT Glue
Now we need to go to IT Glue to create an API key. To do this you'll need to be an administrator on your account.
- Login to your IT Glue account. At the top is an Account button, click on it.
- In the accounts page, it should auto-load to settings, but if not, click on settings to the top left.
- Scroll to the bottom of the settings page to see the API Keys section. Type in a name for the API Key (#1), BrightGauge is a good one to use, and then click on + Add API Key button (#2).
- An API key will appear. Copy to use in Step 3 below.
Now you've created your API keys, go back to the page from Step 1 and proceed onto Step 3.
Step 3 - Input IT Glue API Keys
You'll now need to fill in the appropriate information.
- Name - name the datasource. This can be IT Glue or anything you want
- Site - Europe customers will want to pick the EU site. All else - use the 'Standard' site.
- IT Glue API Key - This is the key you created in step 2
Step 4 - Test Connection
Make sure to test the connection. If successful, save the connection.
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges will be added to your account after the datasource is saved. They will start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
Your Default Dashboards
- BGS - IT Glue Configuration
- BGS - IT Glue Metrics
- BGS - IT Glue Organization Leaderboard
- BGS - IT Glue User Leaderboards
Your Default Reports
- BGS - IT Glue Configuration Review
- BGS - IT Glue Month In Review
- BGS - User and Document Metrics Weekly
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the "Gauges" section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see and select for Default.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us at email@example.com.