Using IT Glue to track your configurations and create documentation? Awesome, we now integrate with IT Glue to get device stats! Here's a quick document to help you get setup with BrightGauge and IT Glue.
Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you haven’t created an account yet, go here to get started.
Once logged in, to get started:
- New Accounts
On first login, from the account Overview page, click on the "Add a Datasource" button:
Or, from the first "Welcome to BrightGauge" dashboard page, click on the "Connect a Datasource":
- Existing Accounts
From the account Overview page (to access click on the BrightGauge logo on the top left hand corner), click on the green "+" towards the bottom right of the page (next to the list of your exiting datasources):
Or, click on "Data" menu on the the top righthand corner of the screen, and select "Datasources" from the drop down menu:
Now click on “Add a New Datasource” and then click on the "IT Glue" icon:
Whether a new account or an existing, clicking on the IT Glue datasource logo will bring you to the page below. Keep it open as we'll come back to it in Step 3.
Step 2 - Create an API key in IT Glue
Now we need to go to IT Glue to create an API key. To do this you'll need to be an administrator on your account.
- Login to your IT Glue account. At the top is an Account button, click on it.
- In the accounts page, it should auto-load to settings, but if not, click on settings to the top left.
- Scroll to the bottom of the settings page to see the API Keys section. Type in a name for the API Key (#1), BrightGauge is a good one to use, and then click on + Add API Key button (#2).
- An API key will appear. Copy to use in Step 3 below.
Now you've created your API keys, go back to the page from Step 1 and proceed onto Step 3.
Step 3 - Input IT Glue API Keys
You'll now need to fill in the appropriate information.
- Name - name the datasource. This can be IT Glue or anything you want
- IT Glue API Key - This is the key you created in step 2
Step 4 - Test Connection
Make sure to test the connection. If successful, save the connection.
Once you’ve saved the connection then the datasets and gauges will be added to your account. You are now set!