Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you haven’t created an account yet, go here to get started.
If you are logged in with a New Account:
From the account Overview page, click on the "Add a Datasource" button:
If you are logged in with an Existing Account:
Click on the "Data" menu at the top righthand corner of the screen, and select "Datasources" from the drop down menu:
Find the Kaseya BMS datasource under "All" or under the appropriate category:
Step 2 - Login with your BMS account & configure datasource
You'll now need to fill in the appropriate information.
- Name - name the datasource. This can be Kaseya BMS, Vorex, or anything you want
- Kaseya BMS Server Name - this is the url you use when logging into Kaseya BMS. You have three options currently:
- Vorex - www.vorexlogin.com
- BMS US - bms.kaseya.com
- BMS UK/EMEA - bmsemea.kaseya.com
- Kaseya BMS Password - This is the password you use to log in to BMS for the account in part 3.
- Company Name - This is the company name you use to log in to BMS with.
Step 3 - Test Connection
Once you've filled out all of the fields, make sure to test the connection. If successful, save the connection.
Please note, a common issue we have seen clients experience is with the "AutoFill" feature in web browsers inputting the wrong the credentials for the database user field. When a test connection is successful, the page is refreshed and the autofill takes effect automatically without the user realizing. The user then selects save, accidentally saving the autofilled credentials which are incorrect. A way to prevent this issue is to open a private browsing window (or incognito window) to fill out the datasource configuration page, or simply retyping the credentials after the test connection and clicking "Save".
Once you’ve saved the connection then the datasets and gauges will be added to your account and they will start syncing immediately. Initial syncs usually take 20-30 minutes.
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges will be added to your account after the datasource is saved. They will start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
- Activity Data - Activities created or updated in the last 120 days
- Contract Data - Contracts active (with an end date in the future) or that ended in the last 365 days
- Hardware Assets - Information on all currently active hardware assets (has a status of Active)
- Invoice Data - This dataset pulls in invoices generated in the last 365 days
- Opportunity Data - Opportunities opened or updated in the last 120 days
- Project Data - This pulls in all projects updated in the last 120 days or where Actual End Date is null (open project)
- Recurring Services Contracts - This dataset returns recurring services contracts details
- Software Assets - This pulls in all setup software assets within BMS
- Task Data - Information on tasks created in the last 365 days
- Ticket Statistics - Tickets updated in the last 240 days or without a completed date (open)
- Ticket Stats Lite - This dataset pulls in tickets currently open (no completed date) or modified in the last 14 days
- Time Entry - This dataset pulls in time logs with a start date in the last 365
Your Default Dashboards
- BGS - Client Dashboard Template
- BGS - Monthly Service Leaderboard
- BGS - SLA Dashboard
- BGS - Sales
- BGS - Sales Rep
- BGS - Service Board
- BGS - Service Team KPIs
- BGS - Service Ticket KPIs
- BGS - Tech Dashboard Template
- Project Task Data
Your Default Reports
- BGS - Daily Sales Report
- BGS - Weekly Sales Wrapup
- BGS - Weekly Tech Wrapup
- BMS - Executive Report Summary
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the "Gauges" section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see and select for Default.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.