Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you haven’t created an account yet, go here to get started.
If you are logged in with a New Account:
From the account Overview page, click on the "Add a Datasource" button:
If you are logged in with an Existing Account:
Click on the "Data" menu at the top righthand corner of the screen, and select "Datasources" from the drop down menu:
Find the Kaseya BMS datasource under "All" or under the appropriate category:
Step 2 - Login with your BMS account & configure datasource
You'll now need to fill in the appropriate information.
- Name - name the datasource. This can be Kaseya BMS, Vorex, or anything you want
- Kaseya BMS Server Name - this is the url you use when logging into Kaseya BMS. You have three options currently:
- Vorex - www.vorexlogin.com
- BMS US - bms.kaseya.com
- BMS UK/EMEA - bmsemea.kaseya.com
- Kaseya BMS Password - This is the password you use to log in to BMS for the account in part 3.
- Company Name - This is the company name you use to log in to BMS with.
Step 3 - Test Connection
Once you've filled out all of the fields, make sure to test the connection. If successful, save the connection.
Please note, a common issue we have seen clients experience is with the "AutoFill" feature in web browsers inputting the wrong the credentials for the database user field. When a test connection is successful, the page is refreshed and the autofill takes effect automatically without the user realizing. The user then selects save, accidentally saving the autofilled credentials which are incorrect. A way to prevent this issue is to open a private browsing window (or incognito window) to fill out the datasource configuration page, or simply retyping the credentials after the test connection and clicking "Save".
Once you’ve saved the connection then the datasets and gauges will be added to your account and they will start syncing immediately. Initial syncs usually take 20-30 minutes.
For additional information, please check out our support forums here.