Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you haven’t created an account yet, go here to get started.
If you are logged in with a New Account:
From the account Overview page, click on the "Add a Datasource" button:
If you are logged in with an Existing Account:
Click on the "Data" menu at the top righthand corner of the screen, and select "Datasources" from the drop down menu:
Find the Freshdesk datasource under "All" or under the appropriate category:
Step 2 - Find the API key in Freshdesk
You'll need to find your API key in Freshdesk.
- Login to Freshdesk and then click on your user profile picture (or first letter of your first name) at the top right and then click on profile settings
- Once in the Profile page, locate the box that says Your API Key to the right and copy your API key to use in Step 3.
Step 3 - Configure the Freshdesk datasource in BrightGauge
Now head back to BrightGauge and finish what you left off at in Step 1. You should be at the screen below. Fill it out.
- Name the datasource whatever you want. Most will just call it Freshdesk
- Fill out the first part of the URL. This is the same URL you use to login to Freshdesk
- This is the API key you found and copied in Step 2
Step 4 - Test Connection
Once you've filled out all of the fields, make sure to test the connection. If successful, save the connection.
Please note, a common issue we have seen clients experience is with the "AutoFill" feature in web browsers inputting the wrong the credentials for the database user field. When a test connection is successful, the page is refreshed and the autofill takes effect automatically without the user realizing. The user then selects save, accidentally saving the autofilled credentials which are incorrect. A way to prevent this issue is to open a private browsing window (or incognito window) to fill out the datasource configuration page, or simply retyping the credentials after the test connection and clicking "Save".
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges will be added to your account after the datasource is saved. They will start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
Your Default Dashboards
- Service Desk
- Service Desk Leaderboard
- Service Manager
- Tech Dashboard
Your Default Reports
- Freshdesk - Executive Summary
- Freshdesk - Technician Daily Review
- Freshdesk - Week in Review
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the "Gauges" section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see and select for Default.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us at email@example.com.
- Survey Responses - This dataset contains survey responses submitted in the last 365 days.
- Ticket Statistics - All tickets updated in the last 365 days, up to a maximum of 30,000 tickets. If more than 30,000 tickets were updated in the last 365 days, this dataset will contain the most recent 30,000 tickets. Spam tickets are removed.
- Time Entry - This dataset has time entry info on entries made in the last 365 days.