BrightGauge has three user roles:
- Admins have full access to your BrightGauge account and can manage Analyst and Viewer user permissions. Standard plans include two Admins and Enterprise plans include three Admins. Administrator user sessions expire after two weeks.
- Analysts are unique to the Enterprise plan. Analysts are Administrator users with reduced rights and are limited to building and managing data from only the datasets they have permission to access. Enterprise plans include three Analysts. Analyst user sessions expire after two weeks.
- Viewers have read-only access to only the dashboards and goal lists that are shared with them. Every account includes an unlimited number of Viewer users. Use Viewer accounts for sharing dashboards and goals with team members or clients. Viewer user sessions expire after two years.
Admins and Analysts are classified as Users in BrightGauge, whereas Viewers are classified as Viewers. To view and manage Admins and Analysts, navigate to Your Account > Users. To view and manage Viewers, navigate to Your Account > Viewers.
User Feature Comparison
The following sections break down BrightGauge feature access by user role.
|Create Dashboards||View Dashboards||Present Dashboards||Apply Filters||Create/Delete Filters|
|Create Reports||Create Client Reports||Create Report Templates||Share Report Templates||Delete Default Reports||Use Report Templates Created by Others||Receive Reports|
|Create Goals||View/Own Goals|
|Add Users||Manage Users||Modify Account Details||Billing||Benchmarking*|
*BrightGauge Enterprise+ plans only
|Client Mappings||View Data Settings||Add Datasources|
Add Admins and Analysts
Note: Only Admin users may add Admins and Analysts.
To add an Admin or an Analyst:
- Select Your Account > Users.
- Click Invite User.
Enter the user's contact information and select a user role.
- If creating an Analyst user, select which datasets, dashboards, and report templates you would like the user to access. Deselecting a dataset prevents the Analyst user from seeing data in gauges that rely on that dataset for data.
- If desired, customize the welcome message.
- After you select the user's access rights, click Send invitation. The user receives an email with their username, a link to your BrightGauge portal, and a link to set their password. When they click the link, the user is prompted to create their own password.
You may add Admins and Analysts to your plan at any time. Each Admin or Analyst user seat you add costs an additional $25 per month. For help adding more users to your account, please contact Support by selecting Help > Open a Ticket from the top menu bar.
Edit and Delete Admin and Analysts
In the same area where you add new users, you may change a user’s role, expand or restrict Analyst permissions, or delete a user from your account.
- From your Users page select the User you want to edit or delete.
- Make any desired changes to contact information. If changing Role from Admin to Analyst, remember to set the Dataset permissions.
After all changes have been made, click Save.
Note: If deleting a user, know that this action cannot be undone. All gauges, report templates, and dashboards created by the user will remain on the account.
- When adding or deleting a user, you will be notified on how the change affects your monthly billing.
To add Viewers:
- Navigate to Your Account > Viewers.
- Select Invite Viewer.
- Enter the user's contact information and select which dashboards the Viewer can access.
- If you would like a viewer to be able to toggle dashboard filters, select that option before saving.
- Click Send Invitation.
The user receives an email with their username, a link to your BrightGauge portal, and a link to set their password. When they click the link, the user is prompted to create their own password.
Allowing a Viewer user to filter a dashboard gives that user access to toggle any existing filters on that dashboard as well as any data associated with those filters. Be sure you know what data is being shared before proceeding.
After a Viewer has been created, you can also add or remove them directly from any given dashboard.