- Admins: Have full access to build and manage your BrightGauge account; this includes managing the permissions of Analysts and Viewers. Standard plans include two Admins, the Enterprise plans include three Admins.
- Analysts: Unique to the Enterprise Plan, Analysts are Admin users with reduced rights, limited to building and managing data from ONLY the Datasets an Admin grants them permission to access. Analyst users count the same as Admin users - three for Enterprise plans.
- Viewers: Have read-only access to ONLY the Dashboards and Goal Lists that are shared with them. Every account has an unlimited number of Viewer user allowances and you have the option to allow users to toggle dashboard filters - perfect for sharing Dashboards and Goals with team members or clients.
User Feature Comparison
The following sections break down BrightGauge feature access by user role.
|Create Dashboards||View Dashboards||Present Dashboards||Apply Filters|
|Create Reports||Create Client Reports||Create Report Templates||Share Report Templates||Delete Default Reports||Use Report Templates Created by Others||Receive Reports|
|Create Goals||View/Own Goals|
|Add Users||Manage Users||Modify Account Details||Billing||Benchmarking|
|Client Mappings||View Data Settings||Add Datasources|
Adding Admins and Analysts
To add an Admin or an Analyst:
- Select Your Account > Users.
- Click Invite User.
Enter the user's contact information and select a user role. If desired, customize the welcome message.
If creating an Analyst User, you’ll be prompted to set Dataset permissions. If you ever need to expand or restrict permissions you can make adjustments any time you’d like by editing the User. Below is an example of how an Analyst's rights may be limited:
In this example, the Analyst has full access to the ConnectWise Manage datasets with limited access to QuickBooks.
- After you select the user's access rights, click Send invitation. The user's login credentials are sent via email with a username, a temporary password, and a link to your BrightGauge portal.
It’s an additional $25 a month for each Admin or Analyst user seat you add. For help adding more users to your account, reach out to BrightGauge Support.
Editing and Deleting Admin and Analysts
In the same area where you add new users, you may change a user’s role, expand or restrict Analyst permissions, or delete a user from your account.
- From your Users page select the User you want to edit or delete.
- Make any desired changes to contact information. If changing Role from Admin to Analyst, remember to set the Dataset permissions.
After all changes have been made, click Save.
Note: If deleting a user, know that this action cannot be undone. All gauges, report templates, and dashboards created by the user will remain on the account.
- When adding or deleting a user, you will be notified on how the change affects your monthly billing.
To add Viewers:
- Select Viewers from the Your Account dropdown menu on the top right corner of your browser.
- Select Invite Viewer.
- Fill out the contact info and select which Dashboards the Viewer can access.
After a Viewer has been created, you can also add or remove them directly from any given Dashboard.
- The user receives an email invitation with a username, temporary password, and sign-in details. At first sign-in, the user will be prompted to create their own password.
- If you would like a viewer to be able to toggle dashboard filters select that option before saving.
Allowing a Viewer user to filter a dashboard gives that user access to toggle any existing filters on that dashboard as well as any data associated with those filters. Be sure you know what data is being shared before proceeding.