Add a User in MS-SQL
To add a user in MS-SQL:
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Right-click the Logins folder under the Security folder and select New Login….
- Select the SQL Server authentication radio button. (Windows Authenticated users cannot be supported. Due to the nature of our agent, Windows Authenticated users work sometimes, at best. SQL Server Authenticated users are the only way we can guarantee a correct login to the database).
- Uncheck the Enforce password policy option.
- If unable to leave unchecked, uncheck the requirement of ‘changing password in next log in’).
- Enter the Login name and Password.
- Select User Mapping in the left panel.
- Select the checkbox next to each database the agent needs access to, ensuring that the db_datareader checkbox is selected below for each database.
- Click OK.
If you have any questions, please contact Support by selecting Help > Open a Ticket from the top menu bar.