Have a datasource without a SQL database or an API that we don't integrate with? No problem! We have an integration with Dropbox so that you can upload CSV files into BrightGauge as datasets! This document is a step by step guide for setting up the Dropbox integration within BrightGauge.
Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you have not yet created an account, go here to get started.
If you are logged in with a New Account:
From the Account Overview screen, click on the Add a Datasource button:
If you are logged in with an Existing Account:
- Click Data in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select Datasources from the menu.
- Click Add a New Datasource.
- Find the Dropbox datasource under All or under the appropriate category:
- Click on the Dropbox datasource logo.
Authorize the Connection
Before you authorize the connection, ensure that your Dropbox user has a verified email address. The integration will not work if your user does not have a verified email address. Please refer to Verify your Dropbox account email address for more information.
- Click Authorize in Dropbox.
Log in to your Dropbox account. If applicable, enter your two-step verification code.
Note: For Enterprise Dropbox accounts, files must be placed under the folder of the user used to authorize the connection with BrightGauge. For personal Dropbox accounts, files may be placed in any folder under the account.
- Click Allow.
- Copy the authorization code.
Input the authorization code.
You'll now need to fill in the appropriate information.
- Name: Enter a name for the datasource. This can be anything you'd like to help you remember what is connected.
- Dropbox Code: Paste the Dropbox authorization code.
Test Connection and Save
Make sure to test the connection. After a successful connection, click Save.
Note: Check your inbox for any messages regarding the new integration. Dropbox may send an email to verify it was you who signed in to your Dropbox account.
Upload a CSV Dataset
After Dropbox is connected to BrightGauge, you can then begin uploading desired CSV files as datasets into BrightGauge. For instructions, please refer to How to Upload a CSV Dataset (Dropbox or OneDrive).