This article describes how to add on premises ConnectWise Automate® as a datasource in BrightGauge.
Connecting to an on-premises instance of Automate consists of the following steps:
- Install the BrightGauge agent on a computer on the same network as your MySQL server. Please refer to Using the BrightGauge Agent for instructions.
- Create a user in your MySQL Automate database.
- Connect to Automate from BrightGauge.
Create a MySQL User
To create a MySQL user:
- From the databse server, open SQLyog.
- Select User Manager.
- Click Add New User.
- Enter a Username and a Password.
- Click Create.
- Select the checkbox for the SELECT permission.
- Click Save Changes.
The Standard Health Check dataset requires the Select permission to access the plugin_sap_latesthealthresults table in your database. If you would like to utilize the Standard Health Check dataset, please ensure that your SQL user also has the Select permission applied for the plugin_sap_latesthealthresults table.
Connect to Automate
To connect to Automate:
- Log in to your BrightGauge account.
- Navigate to DATA > Datasources.
- Select Add a New Datasource.
- Select RMM.
- Select ConnectWise Automate On-Premise.
- Complete all fields.
Name Enter a name for the datasource. Agent Host The BrightGauge agent computer. Database Internal IP/Hostname The internal IP address of the database server. If using multiple SQL instances, enter the IP address or server name followed by the instance name. For example, 192.168.1.2\instance or SQLServer\instance. Database Name The name of the Automate database. Database Internal Port The SQL port number. Database Username The username of your MySQL user. Database Password The MySQL user password.
- Click Test Connection. If the connection is unsuccessful, ensure that all fields are correct.
- If the connection is successful, click Save. Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges begin syncing after the datasource is saved. The sync typically takes 20 to 30 minutes to complete.
BrightGauge provides the following dashboards and reports for the on premises ConnectWise Automate datasource. For a list of default gauges, select GAUGES from the top menu bar in BrightGauge.
To locate your dashboards, select DASHBOARDS from the top menu bar. Then, click the dashboard name to open the dashboard selection menu.
- Apps Dashboard
- BGS - Machine Monitoring
- Machine Watchlist
- Monitor Information
To locate your reports, select REPORTS from the top menu bar.
- Automate - Monitor Report
- ConnectWise Automate Executive Summary Report
- Machine Health Report - Client
- Overall Health Report - Internal