This document is a step-by-step guide for setting up the N-able™ RMM (formerly SolarWinds® MSP RMM) datasource within BrightGauge.
Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you haven’t created an account yet, go here to get started.
If you are logged in with a New Account:
From the account Overview page, click Add a Datasource.
If you are logged in with an Existing Account:
Click on Data and select Datasources.
Find N-able RMM under All or under the appropriate category:
Step 2 - Get Your API Token
To get your API token:
- Log in to your N-able RMM account. Ensure you are logged in with Superuser or (non-Classic) Administrator level access, a login with the required General permissions enabled, or the Agent Key (where Dashboard access is enabled).
- Navigate to Settings > General Settings.
- Select API.
- Copy the API Token.
Step 3 - Configure Datasource with API Token
To configure the datasource:
- Enter a Name for the datasource. For example: N-able RMM.
- Select the site that correlates to your account from the Host drop-down.
- Paste the generated token into the API Key field.
Step 4 - Test Connection and Save
After filling out all of the fields, test the connection by clicking Test Connection. If successful, you will see a green banner stating the Test succeeded. Save the datasource by clicking Save.
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges are added to your account after the datasource is saved. They start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
Your Default Dashboards
- Machine Monitoring
Your Default Reports
- N-able RMM Executive Summary Report
- Antivirus Statistics - AV information for workstations and servers. Machines in a status of deviceoverdue, failinactive, clearedinactive, or cleared are not shown
- Application Data - Information on installed software for machines. This can only report on what exists, not what is missing
- Backup Statistics - Backup information from Maxfocus where backup status is not deviceoverdue, failinactive, clearedinactive, or cleared
- Disk Statistics - Information on disk drives on machines in N-able RMM
- Machine Statistics - Machine information for workstations and servers setup in N-able RMM
- Machine Stats Lite - A fast refreshing dataset pulling in information for workstations and servers setup in N-able RMM
- Managed Antivirus Statistics - Antivirus information for machines under management
- Patch List - Lists all software patches for the devices in N-able RMM
- Performance History - Memory and CPU information trending for the last 8 days. Requires monitor checks being setup in N-able RMM
- Server Outages - Information on Server Outage checks from the last 120 days
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the Gauges section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see, and select for Default.
If you have any questions, please contact Support by selecting Help > Open a Ticket from the top menu bar.