To save you time getting your dashboards ready, we built a number of pre-configured dashboards that will be available in your account as soon as you connect your datasource. We focused on the most common metrics that our clients are using. You can find them in the Dashboards menu by expanding the dashboard list in the top left.
Creating a Dashboard
- Click on the green plus sign in the top menu bar.
- Select Dashboard.
- Assign a title to the dashboard.
- Click Create. You will be redirected to the dashboard and the gauge list will be available for you to add gauges to the dashboard.
Add/Remove Gauges on a Dashboard
To add or remove dashboard gauges:
- Click on the Gauges button in the top-right corner of the dashboard.
- A drawer opens from the right to select or deselect gauges. Filtering and Sorting the gauge list is available. Closing the drawer automatically saves all edits.
Add Text and Image Modules
- Select Gauges in the top-right corner of the dashboard.
- Select either Text or Image.
- If you add a text module, the Text Editor window opens. Enter and format the desired text, then click Create.
- If you add an image, the Select an Image window opens. Select the image or upload a new image from your computer. Then, click Add Image.
You may resize the module to get the image and text to fit just right. You have a range of style options to help you modify your text module too.
Dashboards can be shared with Admin, Analyst and Viewer users internally within your company, or Viewer users created for clients. For information on how to create users, please refer to this article.
- Click on the More button with a gear icon on the top right of the dashboard and select Dashboard Users.
- A modal appears in the center of the screen with a list of all users currently on the account. Scroll though the list (or use the search bar at the top of the modal) to find the desired user(s). Select the desired users to share the dashboard with (1). Once you have selected the users, click on the blue "Apply" button on the bottom center of the modal (2). To cancel any changes, click on the green "X" icon on the top right of the modal (3).
- After a dashboard is shared with a user, it will then appear in the user's Dashboard menu when they log in to their account.
(Please note, if sharing a dashboard with a client, a client dashboard filter must be applied in order to only display that specific companies data. For information on creating client dashboard filters please refer to this article.) To share a dashboard, please follow these steps.
To clone a dashboard:
- Click on the More button with a gear icon on the top right of the dashboard and select Clone Dashboard.
- Create new Title. Once you have entered the desired title, click on the Create button to generate the cloned dashboard.
- The dashboard will be cloned and immediately the gauges drawer will appear for you to add/remove any desired gauges.
Edit Dashboard Names
- Click on the More button with a gear icon on the top right of the dashboard and select Rename Dashboard.
- A modal titled Change Name will appear in the center of the screen with an editable text box. Here you can make any desired changes to the dashboard's title.
- Click on the blue Change button to save any changes, or the X icon to cancel any changes.
While on a Dashboard, hovering over the top left corner of each gauge reveals a circular menu icon with three dots in it. Selecting this icon opens up a small dropdown gauge menu with some additional features.
- Gauge Info: Modal that displays the gauge's description, the dataset used, the refresh cycle of dataset, and the last refresh time for that dataset as well.
- Sync Now: Allows a manual sync to be triggered for that gauge's dataset.
- Copy Gauge Link: Copies that gauge's URL to your clipboard.
- Edit in Gauge Builder: Opens up that current gauge in the gauge builder.
- Export as CSV: Exports the raw data for that particular gauge to a CSV in the form of a table. An email is generated with the CSV and sent to the current user that selected the option.
- Remove Gauge: Removes that particular gauge from the dashboard.
- Open a gauge in the Gauge Builder.
- Select the Design tab.
- Click on a metric in the Sound & Color Thresholds section.
- Select the Play Dashboard Alert checkbox.
- Select the desired alert sound. When the gauge syncs on a dashboard and meets the threshold, the alert sound plays.
How it works is fairly straightforward but here are the rules implemented:
- Any time the Gauge syncs and meets the threshold configured, the sound will alert.
- If the gauge continues to sync and meet the threshold, the sound will repeat on each sync.
- If the gauge is on a dashboard rotation, and the gauge syncs while not on the shown dashboard, the next time the dashboard shows up, the sound will alert.
- The Gauge will have a red sound alert icon to signify which alert just went off.
For information on setting up your dashboards to display on TVs and single monitors, click here.