Set the fiscal year in BrightGauge™ to report financial data and other metrics related to the fiscal year in BrightGauge. Modify gauges in BrightGauge to show data from a set fiscal year.
Note: Admin permissions are required to set fiscal year settings.
- Quarterly data is calculated using the defined fiscal year
- The current year begins with the fiscal year and not the calendar year
- Previous year and next year data is calculated using the defined fiscal year
- Quarter-to-date and year-to-date data is calculated using the defined fiscal year
Define a Fiscal Year
Any gauge created after defining a fiscal year will be calculated from the Fiscal Year Starting.
- Log in to BrightGauge.
- Navigate to Account Details.
- Select a start date from the Fiscal Year Starting drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
Fiscal Year Filters
The Fiscal Year filters are available on all gauges and in the Gauge Builder. For more information, refer to the Gauge Builder documentation. Follow the steps below to use the fiscal year filters in gauge builder or editor.
- Drag and drop a Date or Dimensions field to the gauge builder.
- Select your filter from the Add A Filter drop-down menu. For example, Fiscal Quarter to Date or Current Fiscal Quarter. For more information about the filters available, refer to the Gauges documentation.
- Click Update.
- Your gauge is displayed.
Add Fiscal Year Gauge to Dashboard
After you have defined the Fiscal Year in Account Details and added the Fiscal Year Filter to your gauge, you can view gauges on your dashboard with data calculated from the Fiscal Year you have defined.
- Navigate to Dashboards in BrightGauge.
- Click the drop-down menu to select a dashboard, or create a new one by clicking the green + button.
- Click Gauges.
- Add/Remove Gauges column displays all gauges. Select the checkbox of the gauges you want to add to the dashboard.
- Your dashboard is customizable and can contain any variation of fiscal year filters you have configured on your gauges.