This document is a step by step guide for setting up the Customer Thermometer integration within BrightGauge.
Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you haven’t created one yet, go here to get started.
If you are logged in with a New Account:
From the account Overview page, click on the "Add a Datasource" button:
If you are logged in with an Existing Account:
Click on the "Data" menu at the top righthand corner of the screen, and select "Datasources" from the drop down menu:
Whether a new account or an existing, clicking on the Customer Thermometer datasource logo will bring you to the page below. Keep it open as we'll come back to it in Step 3.
Step 2 - Get the API key from Customer Thermometer
Now we need to go to Customer Thermometer to get the API key. Their documentation can be found here, but we have it below as well:
- Login to your Customer Thermometer account. At the top of the page, click on the "Push Options" tab.
- Find the "API Information" section on the page
- Copy the API Key
Now that you've copied your API key, go back to the datasource page within BrightGauge from Step 1 and proceed onto Step 3.
Step 3 - Input Customer Thermometer credentials
You'll now need to fill in the appropriate information.
- Name - name the datasource. This can be Customer Thermometer or anything you want
- Customer Thermometer API Token - This is the key that you copied in Step 2
Step 4 - Test Connection
Once you've filled out all of the fields, make sure to test the connection. If successful, save the connection.
Please note, a common issue we have seen clients experience is with the "AutoFill" feature in web browsers inputting the wrong credentials for the database user field. When a test connection is successful, the page is refreshed and the autofill takes effect automatically without the user realizing. The user then selects save, accidentally saving the autofilled credentials which are incorrect. A way to prevent this issue is to open a private browsing window (or incognito window) to fill out the datasource configuration page, or simply retyping the credentials after the test connection and clicking "Save".
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges will be added to your account after the datasource is saved. They will start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
Your Default Dashboards
- BGS - CSAT Customer Thermometer
- NPS Score
Your Default Reports
- CSAT Daily Report
- CSAT Monthly Review
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the "Gauges" section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see and select for Default.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Responses - This dataset pulls in the responses to blasts sent from Customer Thermometer. Responses from the last 210 days or 10,000 responses (whatever is less). This includes blast and embedded responses
- NPS Score - This dataset pulls in your company's NPS value from Customer Thermometer. It is a one line, one value dataset.