This document describes how to add Command as a datasource in BrightGauge.
Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you have not created an account yet, go here to get started.
If you are logged in with a new account, click on Add a Datasource from the Getting Started page.
If you are logged in with an Existing Account, select Data > Datasources.
Find the Command datasource under All or RMM:
Step 2 - Create the API key in Command
- Log in to your Command account.
- At the top of the page, click on the Admin link.
- Click on the Integration tab on the left of the screen.
- Within the Integration tab, click on the Reporting API link.
- Generate a key and make a note of it.
- Make sure to store your key in a safe place. If you have created a key before it will show as a masked key. Try and find that key if you've already created one, because if you get a new key, it will deactivate the old one and break whatever was using it. If you must regenerate the key, store the new one in a safe space and make sure to apply it to whatever was using the key before.
Documentation for Command can be found here.
Step 3 - Configure Datasource
Important: After having generated the API Key in Command, it may take up to 2 hours for that key to sync all Command information within the API. For this reason, we ask that you wait 2 hours BEFORE inputting your newly generated API key within your BrightGauge data source.*
*If you enter the API key in your Command data source in BrightGauge immediately after generating it, the initial sync that happens after you save the data source will not pull in any data into Brightgauge.
After 2 hours, in BrightGauge, fill in the fields with the following information:
- Name: Enter a name for the datasource. For example, Command.
- Command API Key: Paste the Command API Key here.
Step 4 - Test Connection
After filling out the Name and Command API Key fields, test the connection to the datasource by clicking Test Connection. If successful, you will see a green banner stating the Test succeeded. Save the datasource by clicking Save.
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges will be added to your account after the datasource is saved. They will start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
If data has not populated after 30 minutes, follow these instructions to manually initiate syncs for each Command dataset.
If you have any questions, please contact support by clicking the Help in the top menu bar and selecting Open a ticket.
Your Default Dashboards
- BGS Machine Monitoring
Your Default Reports
- Command Executive Summary Report
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the Gauges section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see and select Default.
- Monthly Server Utilization - Monthly server utilization stats from the Command Executive Report
- Warranty Details - This dataset shows information on each warranty a machine has. If they have multiple warranties, there will be a row for each.
- Monthly Backup Summary by Device - This dataset pulls monthly backup statistics for Continuity 247 backups. If a machine is not monitored by Command but has backups being done, some fields will be missing. Machines will show if not using backups.
- Monthly Site Scores - Monthly scores from the Command Executive Report over the last 4 months.
- Monthly Patches Summary - patching information from the Command Executive Report for Windows machines.
- Monthly AV Data - This dataset pulls from the Missing AV and Outdated AV Command Reports. Machines not on either report show as up to date.
- Machine Statistics - A listing of machines setup within Command. Data is pulled from the system information report within Command.
- Application Data - Information on installed software for machines. This can only report on what exists, not what is missing.
- Monthly Site Backup Summaries - This is backup summary data for the whole site by month, last 3 months.
- Helpdesk Incidents
- Application Update Status
- Application Failure Status
- Agent Uninstall - This dataset contains details about the Agent Uninstall information of each endpoint. It contains uninstall reason and feedback as part of the Agent uninstall.