Here is a guide to help you connect to Continuum from within BrightGauge.
Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you have not created an account yet, go here to get started.
If you are logged in with a New Account:
From the account overview page, click on the "Add a Datasource" button:
If you are logged in with an Existing Account:
Click on "Data" menu on the the top right hand corner of the screen, and select "Datasources" from the drop down menu:
From either a new or an existing account, click on “Add a New Datasource” and then click on the "Continuum" icon:
Step 2 - Create the API key in Continuum
- Log in to your Continuum account.
- At the top of the page, click on the Admin link.
- Click on the Integration tab on the left of the screen.
- Within the Integration tab, click on the Reporting API link.
- Generate a key and make a note of it.
- Make sure to store your key in a safe place. If you have created a key before it will show as a masked key. Try and find that key if you've already created one, because if you get a new key, it will deactivate the old one and break whatever was using it. If you must regenerate the key, store the new one in a safe space and make sure to apply it to whatever was using the key before.
Documentation provided by Continuum can be found here. (Note: Please log in to Continuum before navigating to the documentation, otherwise you may be directed to a different page.)
Step 3 - Configure Datasource
In BrightGauge, fill in the fields with the following information:
- Name: Choose a name for your datasource. For example: Continuum.
- Continuum API Token: Paste the Continuum API Key here.
Step 4 - Test Connection
After filling out the Name and Continuum API Token fields, test the connection to the datasource by clicking Test Connection. If successful, you will see a green banner stating the Test succeeded. Save the datasource by clicking Save.
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges will be added to your account after the datasource is saved. They will start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.