This article explains how you can migrate your ConnectWise BrightGauge™ instance from ConnectWise PSA™ On-premises to PSA Cloud while still retaining your customizations in BrightGauge. To get started, make sure you have the following the prerequisites.
Warning: Do not delete your existing ConnectWise PSA data source for any reason. All of your custom dashboards, gauges, and datasets are tied to that data source.
- If that data source is deleted, all of your gauges, dashboards, reports, and data are permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.
- You must retain a server to host the BrightGauge agent. The agent server communicates to the ConnectWise PSA Cloud CDA. Without this agent, all of your datasets fail to resync with PSA Cloud.
Migrate from On-premises PSA to PSA Cloud
Follow the steps below:
- Log in to BrightGauge and navigate to your configured PSA On-premises data source.
- Update the existing database details with the CDA replica as shown in the image below. For example, if mydatabase.psacloud.com is the CDA replica endpoint running on Port 5155 with the database name "mytestdb" along with "mytestbduser" as the username and password respectively, then the fields show as the following:
- If you do not currently have the BrightGauge agent, please refer to the following Installing the BrightGauge Agent documentation for more information.
- Once you have installed the agent, select Agent host from the drop-down once the agent is installed.
- Test the connection. If the details you provided are correct and the connection test is successful, the following message appears: "Test succeeded - your settings are correct".
- Save the data source.
- Once the data source is saved, the dataset sync runs and syncs the data from the CDA replica database.
- The data on Gauges and Dashboards is updated after the sync is complete.
Data Flow Changes from Current to New Setup