This document is a step-by-step guide for setting up the LogicMonitor integration within BrightGauge.
Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you haven’t created an account yet, go here to get started.
If you are logged in with a New Account:
From the account Overview page, click Add a Datasource:
If you are logged in with an Existing Account:
Click on the Data menu at the top righthand corner of the screen, and select Datasources from the drop-down menu:
Find the LogicMonitor datasource under All or under the appropriate category:
Whether a new account or an existing, clicking on the LogicMonitor datasource logo brings you to the page below. Keep it open as we'll come back to it in Step 3.
Step 2 - Create an API key in LogicMonitor
Now we need to go to LogicMonitor and create an API Key. To do this you'll need to be an administrator on the account. It is also recommended that you create a new user that is only used for your BrightGauge integration. That user is created with the API Only Access option toggled on. Here is the LogicMonitor documentation that discusses the creation of API only users and retrieving the API token access id and access key.
Now you've created your API key, go back to the page from Step 1 and proceed onto Step 3.
Step 3 - Input LogicMonitor API Key
You'll now need to fill in the appropriate information.
- Name: Name the datasource. This can be LogicMonitor or anything you want.
- Subdomain: This is the subdomain that you use to access your LogicMonitor site.
- Access ID: This is the Access ID of the API token you created in Step 2.
- Access Key: This is the Access Key of the API token you created in Step 2.
Step 4 - Test Connection
Make sure to test the connection. If successful, save the connection.
Once you’ve saved the connection then the datasets and gauges will be added to your account. You are now set!
Logic Monitor uses the groups field for client mapping. If you use another field, please let us know and we can adjust it for you.
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges are added to your account after the datasource is saved. They will start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
Your Default Dashboards
- BGS - Device Data by Group
- BGS - Device Monitoring
Your Default Reports
- Device Statistics
- Device Alerts - List of all open (uncleared) device alerts and their respective attributes. Alerts that have been cleared will be removed from this dataset on a nightly basis
- Device Alerts for the past 30 Days - This dataset will pull in all device alert data within the past 30 days
- Device SDTs - Returns data about upcoming server downtime events
- Device Statistics - List of all devices and their respective attributes (e.g. System Information, IP's, Alert Status, etc)
- HTTP and HTTPS Data - The last 24 hours of data from the HTTP and HTTPS datasources
- Ping Data - The last 24 hours of data from the Ping datasource
- Win CPU Data - The last 24 hours of data from the WinCPU datasource
- Win Logical Drive Performance Data - The last 24 hours of data from the WinLogicalDrivePerformance datasource
- Win Memory Data - The last 24 hours of data from the WinMemory64 datasource
- Win OS Data - The last 24 hours of data from the WinOS datasource
- Win Physical Drive Data - The last 24 hours of data from the WinPhysicalDrive datasource
- Win System Uptime Data - The last 24 hours of data from the WinSystemUptime datasource
- Win Volume Usage Data - The last 24 hours of data from the WinVolumeUsage datasource
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the Gauges section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see, and select for Default.
If you have any questions, please contact Support by selecting Help > Open a Ticket from the top menu bar.