Using Autotask Endpoint Management (AEM) to monitor machines? Awesome, we now integrate with AEM to get agent and device information stats! Here's a quick document to help you get setup with BrightGauge and AEM.
Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you haven’t created an account yet, go here to get started.
Once logged in, to get started:
- New Accounts
On first login, from the account Overview page, click on the "Add a Datasource" button:
- Existing Accounts
From the account Overview page (to access click on the BrightGauge logo on the top left hand corner), click on the green "+" towards the bottom right of the page (next to the list of your exiting datasources):
Or, click on "Data" menu on the the top righthand corner of the screen, and select "Datasources" from the drop down menu:
Now click on “Add a New Datasource” and then click on the "Datto" icon:
Whether a new account or an existing, clicking on the AEM datasource logo will bring you to the page below. Keep it open as we'll come back to it in Step 3.
Step 2 - Create an API key in AEM
Now we need to go to AEM to create an API key. To do this you'll need to be an administrator on your account.
- Login to your AEM account. At the top is your user name, click on it.
- In the Account Setting, click on the users tab in the middle of the page
- In the users tab, click on the key icon next to your user account
- In this page, you'll have options to generate or see your API key, If you've already generated an API key, do not regenerate one now. If you do, it will kill whatever was using it previously. Instead, try and find the API key. If you cannot find it, you can regenerate it on this page. If you have never generated an API key before, you can do so here. Make note of the API key, secret key, and the URL. You'll need it in the next step.
Step 3 - Input AEM API Keys
You'll now need to fill in the appropriate information.
- Name - name the datasource. This can be AEM or anything you want
- Subdomain - This is the URL that you see in Step 2.
- AEM API key - This is the key that you copied in Step 2
- AEM Secret key - This is the hidden key that you found or copied in step 2
Step 4 - Test Connection
Make sure to test the connection. If successful, save the connection.
Once you’ve saved the connection then the datasets and gauges will be added to your account. You are now set!