This document is a step by step guide for setting up the Datto RMM integration within BrightGauge.
Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you haven’t created an account yet, go here to get started.
If you are logged in with a New Account:
From the account Overview page, click on the "Add a Datasource" button:
If you are logged in with an Existing Account:
Click on the "Data" menu at the top righthand corner of the screen, and select "Datasources" from the drop down menu:
Find the Datto RMM datasource under "All" or under the "RMM" category:
Whether a new account or an existing, clicking on the Datto RMM datasource logo will bring you to the page below. Keep it open as we'll come back to it in Step 3.
Step 2 - Create an API key in AEM
Now we need to go to Datto RMM to create an API key. To do this you'll need to be an administrator on your account.
- Login to your Datto RMM account. At the top is your user name, click on it.
- In the Account Setting, click on the Users tab in the middle of the page
- In the Users tab, click on the key icon next to your user account
- In this page, you'll have options to generate or see your API key, If you've already generated an API key, do not regenerate one now. If you do, it will kill whatever was using it previously. Instead, try and find the API key. If you cannot find it, you can regenerate it on this page. If you have never generated an API key before, you can do so here. Make note of the API key, secret key, and the URL. You'll need it in the next step.
For more information please see the Datto RMM API details, and expand the section: Activate the API.
Step 3 - Input AEM API Keys
You'll now need to fill in the appropriate information.
- Name - name the datasource. This can be Datto RMM or anything you want
- Subdomain - This is the URL that you see in Step 2.
- AEM API key - This is the key that you copied in Step 2
- AEM Secret key - This is the hidden key that you found or copied in step 2
Step 4 - Test Connection
Make sure to test the connection. If successful, save the connection.
Once you’ve saved the connection then the datasets and gauges will be added to your account. You are now set!
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges will be added to your account after the datasource is saved. They will start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
Your Default Dashboards
- Machine Monitoring
Your Default Reports
- AEM Executive Summary
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the "Gauges" section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see and select for Default.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Machine Statistics - This dataset contains a listing of all the machines in your AEM account.
- Machine Stats Lite - This dataset contains a listing of all the machines in your AEM account.
- Alerts Lite - This dataset reports on all open alerts and alerts resolved in the last 24 hours.
- Disk Statistics - This dataset contains a listing of all the machines and disks in your AEM account.
- Application Data - This is a listing of all software installations detected by AEM.
- Alerts Resolved Last 240 Days - This dataset contains data on all open alerts as well as those resolved in the last 240 days.