We are now connected to the Salesforce API as a featured integration within BrightGauge so you may create dashboards and reports. Here is a guide to help you get started with Salesforce and BrightGauge.
Note: This integration is only available if your company has the API feature enabled within Salesforce. For more information, please see Salesforce editions with API Access.
Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you haven’t created an account yet, go here to get started.
If you are logged in with a New Account:
From the account overview page, click Add a Datasource.
If you are logged in with an Existing Account:
Click on Data and select Datasources.
Find the Salesforce datasource icon under All or under the appropriate category:
Step 2 - Authorize Salesforce in BrightGauge
You now need to authorize BrightGauge to get data from Salesforce.
- Click on the green Authorize in Salesforce button:
- A popup may appear asking you to log in to Salesforce. Log in with your Salesforce username and password to authorize the integration.
Step 3 - Configure the Datasource in BrightGauge
After authorizing Salesforce, you are automatically returned to BrightGauge.
Datasets and gauges are added to your account and they will start syncing immediately. Initial syncs usually take 20-30 minutes to complete.
The datasource name is Salesforce by default, but feel free to edit the name and save your changes.
Step 4 - Test Connection
Lastly, be sure to test the connection. If any errors arise with the test or you have any additional questions, please reach out to BrightGauge Support.
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges are added to your account after the datasource is saved. They will start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
Your Default Dashboards
- Owner Dashboard
Your Default Reports
- Salesforce Monthly Leads and Opportunities Report
- Salesforce Weekly Leads and Opportunities Report
- Accounts: Pulls account details
- Activity Data: Previous 2 months of activity history for accounts, leads, and contacts.
- Contacts: Pulls contact details
- Leads: Pulls lead details
- Opportunity Data: Pulls details regarding opportunities created within Salesforce
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the Gauges section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see, and select for Default.
If you have any questions, please contact Support by selecting Help > Open a Ticket from the top menu bar.