Before you begin using BrightGauge you need to set up a Datasource. Datasource is an application you currently use and will be integrating with BrightGauge. These integrations come in the form of PSA, Finance, RMM, Support and Backup tools, direct database connections, and more.
There are two types of Datasource connection types you may work with:
- Cloud or API hosted. For most API Datasources, you only need to provide login credentials and an API key for the services to talk to each other.
- On-premises. To have an on-prem connection means to locally host your Datasource through your own server. Generally, on-prem Datasources are able to pull in more data than cloud-hosted Datasources.
Connect to a Cloud-based Datasource
Easy to connect to, cloud-based Datasources require very few steps to get connected - most often, just an account admin’s login credentials and an API key.
Available Cloud Datasources
The following cloud-hosted Datasources are available for connection to BrightGauge.
- Autotask Professional Services Automation
- ConnectWise Manage Cloud
- Kaseya BMS (Vorex)
- ConnectWise Automate Cloud
- Command (formerly Continuum)
- Datto RMM (formerly Autotask Endpoint Management - AEM)
- Kaseya Cloud VSA
- SolarWinds MSP RMM (formerly MaxFocus)
Connect to an On-Premises Datasource
Available On-Prem Datasources
The following on-prem Datasources are available for connection to BrightGauge.
Setting Up the BrightGauge Agent for your On-Premises Datasource
Our on-prem Datasource connections do require the installation of our BrightGauge Agent. Please refer to the following article for instructions on how to download and install the BrightGauge Agent:
Request a Datasource
We’re constantly adding to our growing list. If you don’t see your Datasource of choice listed above, you may request it via our support team.