This document is a step by step guide for setting up the Auvik integration within BrightGauge.
Log In to BrightGauge
After you have Auvik API access, please log in to your BrightGauge account. If you have not created an account yet, go here to get started.
If you are logged in with a New Account:
From the account Overview page, click on the "Add a Datasource" button:
If you are logged in with an Existing Account, navigate to DATA > Datasources.
Find the Auvik datasource under All or under the RMM category.
Connect to the Auvik Datasource
After you select the Auvik datasource, you are taken to the Edit Auvik screen.
- Enter a Name for the datasource.
Enter your Auvik Subdomain, Api Key, and Email Address.
Please note the following requirements:
- The Subdomain requires the cluster ID. For example, if your Auvik URL is https://mysubdomain.us1.my.auvik.com, then mysubdomain.us1 should be entered into the Subdomain field.
- The Email Address field is case sensitive.
- Ensure the user has authorization to all clients. See Auvik's article How do I manage client accounts? for additional information.
- For information on Auvik API user permissions, please see this Auvik API Support Article.
- Before you click Save, be sure to test the connection. If any errors arise with the test, please confirm the Auvik account you used to log in has the correct credentials. Please contact BrightGauge support with any questions. After a successful test, click Save.
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges will be added to your account after the datasource is saved. They will start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
- Auvik - Alerts
- Entity Audits
- Entity Notes
- Auvik Summary
- Daily Alerts Summary
- Weekly Alerts Summary
- Alert History - Alert events that have been triggered by your Auvik collector(s)
- Device Info - Inventory of device info discovered by Auvik collectors
- Entry Audits - Audit trails associated with entities (devices, networks, and interfaces) discovered by Auvik collectors
- Entity Notes - Notes associated with entities (devices, networks, and interfaces) discovered by Auvik collectors
- Interface Info - Inventory of device interfaces and related info discovered by Auvik collectors
- Network Info - Inventory of networks and related info discovered by Auvik collectors
For a list of all default gauges, select Gauges from the top menu bar.
If you have any questions, please contact Support by selecting Help > Open a Ticket from the top menu bar.