This document is a step by step guide for setting up the Auvik integration within BrightGauge.
Step 1 - Log In to BrightGauge
Once you have Auvik API access, please log in to your BrightGauge account. If you have not created an account yet, go here to get started.
If you are logged in with a New Account:
From the account Overview page, click on the "Add a Datasource" button:
If you are logged in with an Existing Account:
Click on the "Data" menu at the top righthand corner of the screen, and select "Datasources" from the drop down menu:
Find the Auvik datasource under "All" or under the "RMM" category:
Step 2 - Connect to the Auvik Datasource
After selecting the Auvik datasource, you will be taken to a page where you can enter your Auvik API key, as well as Subdomain and Email Address. Please note the following requirements:
- The Subdomain requires the cluster id. For example, if your Auvik url looks like https://mysubdomain.us1.my.auvik.com, then "mysubdomain.us1" should be entered in the Subdomain field.
- The Email Address field is case sensitive.
- Ensure the user has authorization to all clients. See Auvik's article How do I manage client accounts? for additional information.
- For information on Auvik API user permissions, please see this Auvik API Support Article.
Go ahead and give this datasource a name. "Auvik" is pretty catchy.
Step 3 - Test Connection and Save
Lastly, be sure to test the connection. If any errors arise with the test, please confirm the Auvik account you used to login has the correct credentials, and feel free to reach out to BrightGauge support with any questions.
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges will be added to your account after the datasource is saved. They will start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
Your Default Dashboards
- Auvik - Alerts
- Entity Audits
- Entity Notes
Your Default Reports
- Auvik Summary
- Daily Alerts Summary
- Weekly Alerts Summary
- Alert History - Alert events that have been triggered by your Auvik collector(s)
- Device Info - Inventory of device info discovered by Auvik collectors
- Entry Audits - Audit trails associated with entities (devices, networks, and interfaces) discovered by Auvik collectors
- Entity Notes - Notes associated with entities (devices, networks, and interfaces) discovered by Auvik collectors
- Interface Info - Inventory of device interfaces and related info discovered by Auvik collectors
- Network Info - Inventory of networks and related info discovered by Auvik collectors
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the "Gauges" section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see and select for Default.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us at email@example.com.