We now have a connection to the ServiceNow API as a featured integration within BrightGauge so you can create dashboards and reports. Here is a quick document to help you get set up with BrightGauge and ServiceNow.
Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you have not created an account yet, go here to get started.
Once you have logged in:
- For New Accounts
From the account Overview page, click Add a Datasource.
- For Existing Accounts
Click on the Data and select Datasources.
Find the ServiceNow icon under All or under the appropriate category:
Step 2 - Authorize ServiceNow in BrightGauge
You now need to authenticate to get data from ServiceNow. Enter in your credentials for ServiceNow. We recommend using an admin role, in order to have full API access. However, if an admin role is not available use one of the roles in ServiceNow that the administrator has given API access to. Administrators on ServiceNow have the ability to assign certain roles and indicate which tables users have read access to.
Click the Test Connection button to confirm you have the correct credentials.
If any errors arise with the test, please confirm the ServiceNow account you used has the right privileges. If credentials are correct and the test succeeded, click Save.
Step 3 - Configure the ServiceNow datasource in BrightGauge
After saving your account credentials, datasets and gauges are added to your account and start syncing immediately. Initial syncs usually take 20-30 minutes to complete.
Your Default Dashboards
Your Default Reports
- Service Catalog Request Items:: Catalog Request Items updated within the last 240 days
- Service Now Cases: Allows you to view Cases that have been created or closed; it is pulling in Cases from the last 240 days
- Service Now Change Requests: Change Requests updated in the last 240 days
- Service Now Companies: ServiceNow Companies
- Service Now Contract SLAs: Pulls Contract SLA data for the past 240 days
- Service Now Incidents: Incidents updated within the last 240 days
- Service Now Problems: Problems updated within the last 240 days
- Service Now Service Catalog Requests: Service Catalog Requests updated within the last 240 days
- Service Now Survey Responses: Survey responses from Service Now
- Service Now Task SLAs: Pulls Task SLA data
- Service Now Task Time Entries: Task Time Entries updated within the last 240 days
- Service Now Tasks: Tasks updated within the last 240 days
- Service Now User Data: Pulls Data regarding users within ServiceNow
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the Gauges section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see, and select for Default.
If you have any questions, please contact Support by selecting Help > Open a Ticket from the top menu bar.