We now have a connection to the ServiceNow API as a featured integration within BrightGauge so you can create dashboards and reports. Here is a quick document to help you get setup with BrightGauge and ServiceNow.
Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you have not created an account yet, go here to get started.
Once you have logged in:
- For New Accounts
From the account Overview page, click on the "Add a Datasource" button:
- For Existing Accounts
Click on the "Data" menu at the top righthand corner of the screen, and select "Datasources" from the drop down menu:
Find the "ServiceNow" icon under "All" or under the appropriate category:
Step 2 - Authorize ServiceNow in BrightGauge
Step 3 - Configure the ServiceNow datasource in BrightGauge
After saving your account credentials, datasets and gauges will be added to your account and they will start syncing immediately. Initial syncs usually take 20-30 minutes to complete.
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges will be added to your account after the datasource is saved. They will start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
Your Default Dashboards
Your Default Reports
- Service Catalog Request Items - Catalog Request Items updated within the last 240 days
- Service Now Cases - This dataset will allow you to view Cases that have been created or closed; it is pulling in Cases from the last 240 days
- Service Now Change Requests - Change Requests updated in the last 240 days
- Service Now Companies - ServiceNow Companies
- Service Now Contract SLAs - Pulls Contract SLA data for the past 240 days
- Service Now Incidents - Incidents updated within the last 240 days
- Service Now Problems - Problems updated within the last 240 days
- Service Now Service Catalog Requests - Service Catalog Requests updated within the last 240 days
- Service Now Survey Responses - Survey responses from Service Now
- Service Now Task SLAs - Pulls Task SLA data
- Service Now Task Time Entries - Task Time Entries updated within the last 240 days
- Service Now Tasks - Tasks updated within the last 240 days
- Service Now User Data - Pulls Data regarding users within ServiceNow
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the "Gauges" section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see and select for Default.
For additional information, please check out our support forums at support.brightgauge.com.