We now have a connection to the RingCentral API as a featured integration within BrightGauge so you can create dashboards and reports. Here is a quick document to help you get set up with BrightGauge and RingCentral.
Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you have not created an account yet, go here to get started.
Once you have logged in:
- For New Accounts
From the Overview page, a popup will show up to help you with setting up your account. Click on the "Add a Datasource" button:
- For Existing Accounts
Go to the Overview page (to access click on the BrightGauge logo on the top left-hand corner).
Click on the green "Add a new Datasource" button towards the bottom right of the page (next to the list of your existing datasources):
Or, click on the "Data" menu on the top right-hand corner of the screen, and select "Datasources" from the drop-down menu:
Now click on “Other” and then click on the "RingCentral" icon:
Step 2 - Authorize RingCentral in BrightGauge
You now need to authorize BrightGauge to get data from RingCentral.
1. Click on the green Authorize in RingCentral button:
2. A popup will appear asking you to login to RingCentral. If already logged in, proceed to next step.
3. Once logged in, RingCentral will ask you to authorize BrightGauge to pull data. Click on the button that says "Authorize":
Step 3 - Configure the RingCentral datasource in BrightGauge
After authorizing RingCentral, you will automatically return to BrightGauge.
Datasets and gauges will be added to your account and they will start syncing immediately. Initial syncs usually take 20-30 minutes to complete.
The datasource name will be "RingCentral" by default, but feel free to edit the name and save your changes.
Step 4 - Test Connection
Lastly, be sure to test the connection. If any errors arise with the test, please confirm the RingCentral account you used to log in has the following permissions:
- Read Accounts
- Read Call Log
- Read Messages
- Read Presence
Reach out to BrightGauge support if you have any questions.
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges will be added to your account after the datasource is saved. They will start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
Your Default Dashboards
Your Default Reports
- RingCentral Call Logs
- Agent Status - Lists out agents and their current status within RingCentral
- Call Logs - Call Logs within RingCentral from the last 120 days
- Call Queue Agents - Lists the agents associated to specific Call Queues within RingCentral
- Messages - Messages within RingCentral from the last 120 days
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the "Gauges" section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see and select for Default.
For additional information, please check out our support forums at support.brightgauge.com.