We now have a connection to the Veeam Service Provider Console (formerly Veeam Availability Console) API as a featured integration within BrightGauge so you can create dashboards and reports. Here is a quick document to help you get set up with BrightGauge and Veeam.
Note: The Veeam integration currently does not support Reseller setups.
We recommend (but do not require) that a separate, dedicated user is created for use in BrightGauge. A separate user ensures the integration continues to function normally when individual user accounts are deactivated or edited.
Step 1 - Add Veeam Datasource to your Account
Log in to your BrightGauge account. If you have not yet created an account, go here to get started.
After you have logged in:
From the Overview page, a popup appears to help you with setting up your account. Click Add a Datasource.
Click on the Data menu at the top right corner of the screen and select Datasources. Then, click Add a New Datasource on the Datasources screen.
Find the Veeam icon under All or under the Backup category.
Step 2 - Authorize Veeam in BrightGauge
You now need to provide the URL, port, username, and password for your Veeam admin account to provide BrightGauge a way to retrieve data on your behalf. You will need to have a valid SSL certificate on the server/domain in order to connect.
- Enter your Veeam Service Provider Console URL. For on-premises, we must be able to access your network through port 1281. If you cannot access that from the outside (LAN), we will not be able to communicate.
- Enter the Username and Password for the account that will retrieve data.
Again, we recommend (but do not require) that a separate, dedicated account be created for use with the BrightGauge integration. This should ensure the integration continues to function normally when normal user accounts are deactivated.
Step 3 - Test connection and Save
- Click the Test Connection button.
- If you see the Test succeeded banner message, click Save.
Important: Be careful to verify that the username or password field inputs were not overwritten by a password manager with the wrong credentials after the Test connection step.
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges are added to your account after the datasource is saved. They start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
Your Default Dashboards
- Veeam VAC
Your Default Reports
Your Default Datasets
- VAC Backup Repositories: Collection of all repositories configured on the Veeam Cloud Connect server and tenant Veeam Backup & Replication servers. It includes simple backup repositories, scale-out backup repositories, and cloud repositories available for tenants.
- VAC Backup Server Jobs: All backup server jobs managed in VAC.
- VAC Backup Servers: Collection of all backup servers in tenants' and service provider's infrastructures present in the VAC.
- VAC Computers: Collection of all discovered computers in the VAC. Besides common computer info (name, OS, IP, etc.), if it has a backup agent installed, it will have information related to the backup job, such as type of schedule, last time it ran, for how long, status, etc.
- VAC Tenant Locations: Locations of a company in VAC that runs in the Service Provider mode. If it runs in the Enterprise mode the collection represents locations of a department.
- VAC Tenant Replicas: Cloud replication resources available for a company in VAC that runs in the Service Provider mode. If it runs in the Enterprise mode the collection represents cloud replication resources available for a department.
- VAC Tenants: All companies managed in VAC that runs in the Service Provider mode. If VAC runs in the Enterprise mode the collection represents managed departments. Includes basic tenant information (name, country, etc), as well as the resources available for them (amount of managed physical servers, cloud servers, etc)
- VAC Tenants Backups: Collection of all cloud repository resources available for a company in VAC that runs in the Service Provider mode. If VAC runs in the Enterprise mode the collection represents cloud repository resources available for a department.
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the "Gauges" section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see and select Default.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.