Using Jamf to monitor your Apple products? Awesome, we now have Jamf as a featured integration within our application so you can create dashboards and reports. Here's a quick document to help you get connected.
Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you haven’t created an account yet, go here to get started.
Once logged in:
- New Accounts
On first login, from the account Overview page, click on the "Add a Datasource" button:
- Existing Accounts
From the account Overview page (to access click on the BrightGauge logo on the top left hand corner), click on "Add a new Datasource" towards the bottom right of the page (next to the list of your existing datasources):
Or, click on the "Data" menu on the the top righthand corner of the screen, and select "Datasources" from the drop down menu:
Now you can find the datasource under "All", or under the category it belongs to; in this case we can find Jamf under "RMM":
Step 2 - Configure the Datasource
Whether a new account or an existing, clicking on the Jamf datasource logo will bring you to the page below. Fill out the form with the following fields:
- Name: Choose a name for your datasource. Most will just call it Jamf.
- Your Jamf URL: Input the URL you use to login to Jamf; this could be your cloud or on-premise URL.
- Example of an on-premise URL: https://jss.mycompany.com:1234
- Example of a Jamf cloud URL: https://mycompany.jamfcloud.com
- Jamf Username and Jamf Password: Enter the username and password for your Jamf account. Make sure this is associated with an administrator, in order to grant access to the full Jamf Pro site.
Step 3 - Test Connection
Make sure to test the connection. If successful, save the connection.
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges will be added to your account after the datasource is saved. They will start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
Your Default Dashboards
- Jamf Computers
- Jamf Licensed Software
- Jamf Mobile Devices
Your Default Reports
- Jamf Computers and Mobile Devices
- Jamf Licensed Software - Monthly Summary
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the "Gauges" section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see and select for Default.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us at email@example.com.
- Computer Report Information - This dataset contains information for all computers, information like hardware specifics, purchasing details, and general information.
- Computers and Group Membership - This dataset holds information about computers and their group membership. Group info is needed in order to determine if the computer is compliant.
- Licensed Software Information - This dataset contains information for each licensed software, the amount of licenses, along with general and purchasing information.
- Mobile Device Report Information - This dataset contains information for all mobile devices, information like purchasing, technical details, and general information.
- Mobile Devices and Group Membership - This dataset holds information about mobile devices and their group membership. Group info is needed in order to determine if the mobile device is compliant.