Using Harvest to track hours and projects in your company? Awesome, so do we! We've updated our Harvest integration within our application. Here's a quick document to help you get setup with BrightGauge and Harvest.
Step 1 - Fetch Harvest Account ID
Your Harvest account id is now required in order to connect to the datasource. Follow these steps to ensure a successful connection!
- Login to your Harvest account using this link: https://id.getharvest.com/oauth2/access_tokens/new
- Create an Access Token
- The page will provide you with your account id. Keep it with you, as you will need it again in Step 3 when configuring the datasource on BrightGauge.
Step 2 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
Once you have obtained your Harvest account id, please log in to your BrightGauge account. If you have not created an account yet, go here to get started.
If you are logged in with a New Account:
From the account Overview page, click on the Add a Datasource button:
If you are logged in with an Existing Account:
Click on the Data menu at the top righthand corner of the screen, and select Datasources from the drop-down menu:
Now you can find the datasource under either All or Finance.
Step 3 - Configure the Datasource
Whether a new account or an existing account, clicking on the Harvest datasource logo will bring you to the page below. Fill out the form with the following field:
- Account ID: Remember the account id from Step 1? Please input it in the Account ID field.
Step 4 - Authorize Harvest in BrightGauge
You now need to authorize BrightGauge to get data from Harvest. Please make sure you are using an account with Admin privileges.
- Click Authorize in Harvest.
- A popup will appear asking you to log in to Harvest. Once logged in, Harvest prompt you to authorize BrightGauge to pull data. Click Allow.
Step 5 - Test Connection, Input Account ID (again), and Save
Part A - After authorizing Harvest, you are automatically returned to BrightGauge. Be sure to test your connection.
Part B - Input your account id one last time, and name the datasource.
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges will be added to your account after the datasource is saved. They will start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
Your Default Dashboards
- Harvest Dashboard
- Harvest KPIs
- Tech Dashboard
Your Default Reports
- Harvest - Monthly Summary
- Harvest - Week in Review
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the Gauges section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see, and select for Default.
If you have any questions, please contact Support by selecting Help > Open a Ticket from the top menu bar.
- Invoices - Invoices created in Harvest
- Project Data - Projects within Harvest
- Time Entry - Time entries updated in the last year
- Users - Harvest users - great for use in dataset mashups