Using Harvest to track hours and projects in your company? Awesome, so do we! We've updated our Harvest integration within our application. Here's a quick document to help you get setup with BrightGauge and Harvest.
Step 1 - Fetch Harvest Account ID
Your Harvest account id is now required in order to connect to the datasource. Follow these steps to ensure a successful connection!
- Login to your Harvest account using this link: https://id.getharvest.com/oauth2/access_tokens/new
- Create an Access Token
- The page will provide you with your account id. Keep it with you, as you will need it again in Step 3 when configuring the datasource on BrightGauge.
Step 2 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
Once you have obtained your Harvest account id, please login to your BrightGauge account. If you have not created an account yet, go here to get started.
If you are logged in with a New Account:
From the account Overview page, click on the "Add a Datasource" button:
If you are logged in with an Existing Account:
Click on the "Data" menu at the top righthand corner of the screen, and select "Datasources" from the drop down menu:
Now you can find the datasource under "All", or under the category it belongs to; in this case we can find Harvest under "Finance".
Step 3 - Configure the Datasource
Whether a new account or an existing account, clicking on the Harvest datasource logo will bring you to the page below. Fill out the form with the following field:
- Account ID: Remember the account id from Step 1? Please input it in the Account ID field.
Step 4 - Authorize Harvest in BrightGauge
You now need to authorize BrightGauge to get data from Harvest. Please make sure you are using an account with Admin privileges.
- Click on the green Authorize in Harvest button.
- A popup will appear asking you to login to Harvest. Once logged in, Harvest will ask you to authorize BrightGauge to pull data. Click on the button that says "Allow".
Step 5 - Test Connection, Input Account ID (again), and Save
Part A - After authorizing Harvest, you will automatically return to BrightGauge. Be sure to test your connection.
Part B - Input your account id one last time, and name the datasource.
When you're done, save your changes. Once you’ve saved the connection then the datasets and gauges will be added to your account. You are now set!