This document is a step by step guide for setting up the Basecamp integration within BrightGauge. Please be aware of the permissions set on the account using this integration. Information on managing people in Basecamp may be found here.
Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you have not created an account yet, go here to get started.
Once you have logged in:
- For New Accounts
From the account Overview page, click on the "Add a Datasource" button:
- For Existing Accounts
Click on the "Data" menu at the top righthand corner of the screen, and select "Datasources" from the drop down menu:
Find the Basecamp datasource under "All" or under the "Other" category:
Step 2 - Authorize Basecamp in BrightGauge
You now need to authorize BrightGauge to get data from Basecamp.
- Click on the green Authorize in Basecamp button:
A popup will appear asking you to log in to Basecamp. If already logged in, proceed to next step.
Once logged in, Basecamp will ask you to authorize BrightGauge to pull data. Click on the button that says "Yes, I'll allow access":
Step 3 - Configure the Basecamp datasource in BrightGauge
After authorizing Basecamp, you will automatically return to BrightGauge.
Datasets and gauges will be added to your account and they will start syncing immediately. Initial syncs usually take 20-30 minutes to complete.
The datasource name will be "Basecamp" by default, but feel free to edit the name and save your changes.
Step 4 - Test Connection and Save
Lastly, be sure to test the connection and save the datasource. If any errors arise with the test, please feel free to reach out to BrightGauge support with any questions.
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges will be added to your account after the datasource is saved. They will start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
Your Default Dashboards
Your Default Reports
- Basecamp Overview - Monthly
- Basecamp Overview - Weekly
Your Default Datasets
- Documents - Nested documents within the "Docs & Files" section of a Project or Team - with a limit of 200 folders per project
- Message Boards - An overview of the messages board per individual teams or buckets
- People - An overview of the people that are tied to your Basecamp account
- Projects - An overview of the projects section as it appears within your Basecamp instance
- Todo Lists - This is an overview of the todo lists that exist in your Basecamp instance. This dataset will not account for individual todo details
- Todos in Basecamp - Individual todos and the details associated with them as they appear within your Basecamp instance
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the "Gauges" section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see and select for Default.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.