This document is a step-by-step guide for setting up the ConnectWise Sell integration within BrightGauge.
Note: Please note that you must have a Sell Premium license to configure this integration. The Sell Basic and Standard licenses do not support APIs. For more information on Sell licenses, please refer to the Sell License Comparison and the Sell Licensing FAQ
Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you have not created an account yet, go here to get started.
Once you have logged in:
- For New or Existing Accounts:
From the account Overview page, click Add a new Datasource:
Alternatively, select Data > Datasources:
Locate the ConnectWise Sell icon.
Step 2 - Test and Save the ConnectWise Sell Datasource in BrightGauge
After clicking on the above icon, you are taken to this page to enter your credentials:
A. To find your Access Key, log into your Sell system and find your Access Key within the URL.
Note: When accessing ConnectWise Sell, log in directly to ConnectWise Sell, and avoid accessing it through the ConnectWise Manage Portal.
Your Access Key includes your subdomain followed by an underscore and the word azure, for example: accesskey=subdomain_azure
Create API Keys
B. API keys are used for authentication with the API. Authentication with a username and password is no longer allowed. To create your API Keys follow the following steps:
- Go to Settings
- Look for the Organization Setup tab
- Find 'API Keys'
Once there, click the 'Add' button located towards the top right-hand corner of your screen:
After that, you can follow the clip below to generate the keys:
- Enter a description to help you identify your API key.
- Click Generate Key.
- Save the public and private keys in a text file. The private key cannot be retrieved later. Click OK when you are finished generating these.
- Head over to your Sell datasource in BrightGauge and enter the credentials accordingly.
After adding your credentials as noted above, simply add a Name, and make sure to test the Datasource to confirm it is connecting correctly. Once that is good to go, hit Save.
Dashboards, reports, datasets, and gauges will be added to your account after the datasource is saved. They will start syncing immediately and typically complete syncing after 20-30 minutes.
Your Default Dashboards
- BGS - ConnectWise Sell Overview
Your Default Reports
- Quote Overview
Your Default Datasets
- Quotes - This dataset represents the header of a quote, and includes important lookup information, such as the Quote Number, Quote Name, and Quote Status fields. Quotes over the last 360 days.
- Users - Information on the users within ConnectWise Sell
For a list of all default gauges, please visit the Gauges section of your account, sort by the Datasource you'd like to see and select for Default.
If you have any questions, please contact Support by selecting Help > Open a Ticket from the top menu bar.