Have a datasource without a SQL database or an API that we don't integrate with? No problem! We have an integration with OneDrive so that you can upload CSV files into BrightGauge as datasets. This document is a step by step guide for setting up the OneDrive integration within BrightGauge.
Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you haven’t created an account yet, go here to get started.
If you are logged in with a New Account:
From the account Overview page, click on the "Add a Datasource" button:
If you are logged in with an Existing Account:
Click on the "Data" menu at the top righthand corner of the screen, and select "Datasources" from the drop down menu. Then click Add a New Datasource:
Find the OneDrive datasource under "All" or under the appropriate category:
Whether a new account or an existing, clicking on the OneDrive datasource logo will bring you to the page below.
Step 2 - Authorize
A. Click on the "Authorize" button from the datasource setting page
B. Log into your OneDrive account.
C. "Allow" BrightGauge to connect.
Step 3 - Test Connection and Save
Make sure to test the connection. If successful, save the connection.
Step 4 - Setting your Permissions in OneDrive in order to find your files in BGS
These are the steps to take to correctly set your permissions in OneDrive:
- Open your OneDrive Documents (root, top-level) and click the gear next to the profile in the upper right.
- Select Site Settings >> More Settings >> Return to the old Site settings page
- Select Site Permissions
There, you will see a yellow alert box stating that content on the site exists with different permissions assigned.
- Click the "Show these items" hyperlink. A dialog will pop up.
- Select the "manage permissions" hyperlink next to Documents.
- Click the Check Permissions button in the ribbon to see if you are "Allowed" to view documents.
- Click the Grant Permissions button in the ribbon if you need to alter the above.
- You are then presented with the standard OneDrive/SharePoint share dialog box for the root, top level, parent of all folders and files in the user's OneDrive.
Step 5 - Uploading a CSV Dataset
Once OneDrive is connected to BrightGauge, you can then begin uploading desired CSV files as datasets into BrightGauge (initial file sync can take up to 1+ hour). The following articles outline how to do so: