Have a datasource without a SQL database or an API that we don't integrate with? No problem! We have an integration with OneDrive so that you can upload CSV files into BrightGauge as datasets. This document is a step-by-step guide for setting up the OneDrive integration within BrightGauge.
Step 1 - Log in to your BrightGauge Account
If you haven’t created an account yet, go here to get started.
If you are logged in with a New Account:
From the account Overview page, click on the "Add a Datasource" button:
If you are logged in with an Existing Account:
Click on the Data menu at the top righthand corner of the screen, and select Datasources from the drop-down menu. Then click Add a New Datasource.
Find the OneDrive datasource under All or under the appropriate category:
Clicking on the OneDrive datasource logo brings you to the page below.
Step 2 - Authorize
To authorize the connection in BrightGauge:
- Click Authorize in OneDrive.
- Log into your OneDrive account.
- Allow BrightGauge to connect.
Step 3 - Test Connection and Save
Make sure to test the connection. If successful, save the connection.
Step 4 - Set Permissions in OneDrive
Next, set your permissions in OneDrive so you can find your files in BrightGauge.
To set your permissions in OneDrive:
- Select Settings > OneDrive settings.
- Click More Settings.
- Click Return to the old Site settings page.
- Click Site permissions.
- Click Show these items in the yellow banner at the top of the screen.
- Click manage permissions.
- Click Check Permissions to see if you are allowed to view documents.
- Click Grant Permissions if you need to alter your permissions.
- You are then presented with the standard OneDrive/SharePoint share dialog box for the root, top level, parent of all folders and files in the user's OneDrive.
Step 5 - Uploading a CSV Dataset
After OneDrive is connected to BrightGauge, you can then begin uploading desired CSV files as datasets into BrightGauge (initial file sync can take up to 1+ hour). The following articles outline how to do so:
If you have any questions, please contact Support by selecting Help > Open a Ticket from the top menu bar.