We have a new Datto datasource that uses Datto's new REST API. The new Datto REST API datasource replaces the Datto datasource. If you're currently using the Datto datasource, we recommend migrating to the new datasource.
We can set you up with a free datasource for the duration of the migration. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that Datto has not deprecated their XML API at this time, but they will no longer provide bug fixes for it. We highly recommend you migrate to the new Datto REST API integration in order to see the full capabilities but you are not required to migrate at this time.
The new datasource includes numerous bug fixes and other improvements, including:
- Fixed the last screenshots bug.
- Added fields for "is archived" and "is paused".
- Improved client mapping using client names, not device names.
Migrate to the New Datasource
To migrate to the new datasource:
- Connect to the new Datto REST API datasource in your BrightGauge, or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for a free datasource add-on for the duration of your migration.
- Update your client mappings.
- Migrate your custom gauges and update linked gauge filters. Please note that field names may vary between the old and new datasources and that measures, dimensions, and filters may need to be updated.
- Take inventory of any modified report templates or default dashboards that you may need to make a copy of, or that have filters applied. You will need to set these up for the new datasource.
Migrate Your Gauges
To migrate your gauges:
- Select Gauges from the top menu bar.
- Filter for the existing Datto datasource.
- Filter for custom gauges.
- If desired, also filter for and remove unused gauges to clear and clean up this list.
- Select a gauge.
- Click the Layer tab.
- Select the Datto REST API datasource.
- Select the Dataset.
- Click Continue.
- Ensure that the measures, dimensions, and filters are correct.
- Click Save.
Video: Migrating to a New Datasource
The following video guides you through migrating from one datasource to another.